Tuesday, August 10, 2010

DIY Scarf

I made this multi colored scarf in this picture, and it only took me about 4 hours of continuous work. To make your own scarf, follow the steps below:
Supplies:

  • A new average sized roll of yarn of your color choice
  • A K/101/2-6.50 MM crocheting needing (Mine is from Boye and you can find them at any craft store and some Walmarts)
  • A few small balls of different color yarn for fringe

**Note: This project requires medium crocheting skills. There are plenty of How-To's online to help you, but learning is a bit difficult over the internet.

Step 1: Chain 100 basic crochet links

Step 2: Crochet 6 loose rounds

Step 3: Add fringe:

I used really long peices, and what I did is I used an already cut peice to measure the others. For my fringe, I used primarily a coral pink, and added 6 strands of turquiose yarn, and 3 peices of the yarn I used for the body of the scarf.

Just make sure you evenly distribute your less common colored fringe, to give an even look.

With Love,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment